Upper Schuylkill (US) is a PA State designated Regional Main Street Program with offices located in the Mahanoy Area Downtown Center in Mahanoy City, PA. Primarily funded by State Senator James J. Rhoades and The Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development’s Main Street Program, Upper Schuylkill also receives support from its partnership with the Pennsylvania Downtown Center, County of Schuylkill, Schuylkill River National and State Heritage Area, PPL Utilities, Schuylkill Area Community Foundation, Area Revitalization Development Corporation, Schuylkill Community Education Council, Representative Neal P. Goodman, Representative Dave Argall, News Item/Schuylkill Saturday, REPUBLICAN Herald and the municipalities in which it serves.
Through a successful visioning process, our six US communities collaborated to form one REGIONAL VISION.
The Upper Schuylkill staff is dedicated to promoting downtown revitalization in the communities of Ashland, Frackville, Girardville, Mahanoy City, Ringtown and Shenandoah.
Through the services of Upper Schuylkill and this collaborative effort our Six Great Towns have an opportunity to:
- Build consensus among community partners
- Enhance the physical appearance of our communities and region
- Strengthen and diversify our economic base
- Market the unique characteristics of the region to shoppers, investors, new businesses, tourists and others
With the support of the Upper Schuylkill program and its partners, the region can again become a symbol of economic health, attain an improved quality of life and sense of pride for its residents, and ensure the continuance of its already rich heritage and culture.
A Special Thank You to State Senator Jim Rhoades for his continued support both financial and otherwise to US. Our regional program would not exist nor be the success it is without him. His support to our regional downtown revitalization in our Six Great Towns and to all of our volunteers is appreciated and will never be forgotten. From all of US, Senator, a BIG THANK YOU!
For more information on Downtown Revitalization and Upper Schuylkill:
- County of Schuylkill
- National Trust Main Street Center
- Pennsylvania Dept. of Community and Economic Development
- Pennsylvania Downtown Center
- REPUBLICAN Herald
- PPL Utilities
- Schuylkill River Heritage Area
- Schuylkill Community Education Council
- Schuylkill Chamber of Commerce
- News Item/Schuylkill Saturday
- State Senator James J. Rhoades
- Schuylkill County Visitors Bureau
- Schuylkill Economic Development Corporation
- Heron’s Eye Communications
- DCED Cultural and Heritage Tourism Office
- T102 Radio Station 101.9
- Schuylkill County Vision