Welcome to Ringtown
Ringtown offers Upper Schuylkill's visitors and residents a variety of year round recreational opportunities - including fishing, hunting, cross country skiing, snow shoeing, bird watching and hiking - in a pristine natural setting of pastoral farmland, open space, and forested Pennsylvania state game lands.
Frederick Labenberg, an innkeeper, is said to have built the first log house in Ringtown in 1801. Also of interest, the first hard surfaced road ever built by the Pennsylvania State Highway Department in Pennsylvania was Main Street, Ringtown, in 1907. Ringtown's name resulted from a thieving act in one of the town's blacksmith's shops in 1830. An enemy of a prominent landholder spoke sneeringly of the place as "Ringtown" because a hub ring, used to hold a wagon wheel together, was stolen. And the name stuck.
This area of the Upper Schuylkill Region, accessible from Mahanoy City, Shenandoah, and Ashland or via the Region's Route 339 gateway, is often referred to by locals as The Ringtown Valley because of its beautiful scenery, perfect for a leisurely Sunday drive, weekend motorcycle excursion, or bicycle trek.
Learn more about Ringtown's Downtown Revitalization
On Cemetery Road you will find the Old White Church, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Locally owned and operated farms, such as the 160-year-old B & R Farm, are open seasonally for family activities like strawberry and fresh sweet corn picking, and hay rides. Roadside stands occasionally sell local produce, herbs and plants.
A small commercial and residential area within Ringtown, featuring charming old storefronts and pedestrian friendly streets, provides a glimpse into idyllic days gone by.
The near-by Brandonville Pumping Station is a favorite fishing hole, with an adjoining trout hatchery where, for a quarter, kids can feed the fish with a bag of pellets available in a wooden box at the gate.
Ringtown Borough Hall
31 South Center Street
Ringtown, PA 17967
Albert Breznik, Jr, Mayor
Julian Milewski, Council President
Elementary, Secondary and Special Education
North Schuylkill Schuylkill District
Trinity Academy at the Father Walter J. Ciszek Education Center (K-6)
Schuylkill Intermediate Unit #29
St. Joseph’s Center for Special Learning
Domain On-Page Optimization Score: PASS
Domain Backlink Optimization: CLEAN
Widget Metrics by: SEO Company Qualified Impressions